Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Awesome.

I love to read. I always have. I started reading when I was really young and I went through all the Baby Sitter’s Club, Goosebumps, Boxcar Children, Chronicles of Narnia, Little House on the Prairie and much more. I’m so happy that I gained a love for reading from a young age because I think it has taught me a lot and I still love it!

I can sit down and read for hours and not even notice the time passing because I’m so engrossed in my book. It takes over my life and I think about the story and I have to keep reading!

I hope I don’t offend anyone here, but I’ve always felt like the Harry Potter and Twilight books are a bit overrated. They’re good books and I read them and enjoyed them a whole bunch, but I’ve read TONS of books that I absolutely love. A lot of people think that those are about the only good books out there and that drives me nuts! 9780007208005           Anyway, I have read just about all the James Patterson, John Grisham, Nicholas Sparks, and Patricia Cornwell books and I’ve enjoyed them, but this book was much different. It was so amazing and definitely one of the very best books I’ve ever read. I dare say it is a life changing book (for me at least). My sister recommended it to me and it was a pretty long read considering that I usually finish books in a few days. But wow, it was a beautiful, moving and inspirational story. Good enough that I had to post about it!

I’m sure that some people think I’m exaggerating or don’t think it’s as good as I did, but that’s okay; hopefully you can find a book that moved you like this book did me. I wanted to share one passage that I couldn’t stop thinking about after I read it:

“Funny things, roses. Folks tend to think they’re delicate, fragile. But some of them are right tough little [things]. Give them bad soil, bad conditions, they still grow. Insects, spot, drought-doesn’t stop them. Prune them down and they’ll come back at you twice as hard. Some roses are real fighters. Roses like that ought to be encouraged, I’d say.”

This passage defines the book for me and especially the main character, Fiona Finnegan. I highly recommend reading The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. I hope you are touched by it as much as I was. If you have any other great reads, let me know!

**Disclaimer: This book has some swearing and a few heated love scenes. Just FYI**

1 comment:

Lanea Sampson said...

Sure would love to get MY copy of this book back so that I can read it!