Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And the stockings were hung…

Well since we’ve moved in and finally gotten settled, I have been decorating like mad and collecting cute Christmas stuff for cheap (dollar stores are amazing!). Anyway, I’ve also become obsessed with all the great crafts out there, and I have about a meeeelion ideas of things I want to do…but this was a top priority and I’m so so happy about how it turned out!

IMG_4748

I saw an idea similar to this on a blog somewhere and since we don’t have a fireplace, I loved the idea for a stocking holder. It was pretty dang cheap and easy. I got a board for about 5 bucks and had them cut it at Home Depot. I had the vinyl letters made in the cute font for about $3. I bought the snowflake stickers for a buck and the spray paint the day after Thanksgiving for $2. I was going to use wooden pegs, but then I saw these cool iron fleur de lis hangers at Hobby Lobby! They were $2 each (50% off).

IMG_4757

It took 3 coats of spray paint, and I only sanded the edges. After I put on the vinyl letters and snowflakes, I covered the entire thing with a thin layer of mod podge to seal it. Then we drilled in the hangers and I painted the silver screws black.

IMG_4749

I bought little metal hooks for the back so I could hang it. They were $1.50 at Michaels (without my coupon dangit!).

IMG_4750

Total price: about $16. I absolutely LOVE the finished product and I’m so happy we have such a cute way to display our stockings this year! I cant wait for my next craft! YAY!

8 comments:

Diane Dimond said...

I love your crafts. I really want to see your house. It looks adorable.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Such a cute idea! It came out great!

Hailey Jones said...

oh waaaaaaaaaaay cutest craft.

thanks for the idea dearest.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it! I also love how the design of it matches your stockings.

nest of posies said...

you are so smart. how cute does this look. perfect!

The Fauxes said...

Make me one!!! Christmas is coming you know...

Andy Porter said...

I can't wait for your next craft either! Too too cute! I love that your stocking match! Thanks for linking to Poppies! Yay for the Hills!{{that's my maiden name}}

Lanea Sampson said...

Love it , Hays! Especially the cute stockings your mama gave you! (hee,hee) You're the craftiest kid I have!